The 4-year-old program will include:
- Music lessons
- Pinnacle Curriculum
- Language arts
- Arts & Crafts
- Spanish Lessons (3's & 4's)
- Holiday Programs
The program for preschoolers is individualized within the group setting so that children can work at specific developmentally-appropriate skills as part of the larger group activity. Students may enroll in half day preschool experience or a full day which looks like preschool in the am and child care in the pm. Programming will vary based on the specific developmental group. Preschool ages vary widely—classes are for children who range in age from 2.5 to 5 years old, and they must be fully potty trained.
Kaleidoscope focuses on four main areas of your child's development:
- Physical development. Children love to move, and all actions are learning activities for them. As your child tries new skills and masters them--standing, walking, climbing--our caregivers respond to their growing independence by giving them more complicated toys and materials to explore safely.
- Social and emotional development. From the moment children are born, they're ready to learn through meaningful interactions with people who care for them. As your child grows, his caregiver will be there helping him learn how to share, take turns, treat others gently, and make friends. They will encourage and guide then when necessary.
- Thinking (cognitive) skills. your child is curious about the world around her. Your child's caregiver provides experiences that help her learn about cause and effect, imitate adults in their play, and use their critical thinking skills.
- Language development. Your child's caregiver helps them learn new words, learn how conversation works--when they talk to your child, waits for their response, and then responds to their sounds/words/language.